We build learning experiences to re-engage young people in education and learning.
The Rushmere Academy is a unique partnership between Michelle Mackay and Gabrielle Barton, they both bring together their skills, knowledge and experience to create a special learning opportunity for young people, schools, businesses and individuals in Northamptonshire.
What do we do?
- Create tailored learning programmes within an engaging environment to meet the individual needs of each young person attending our setting.
- Use a holistic approach to nurture and develop the young person’s social and emotional needs.
- Raise their confidence and self-esteem to empower them to make better decisions and realise their potential.
How we do this;
- Work in partnership with the young person, their family and mainstream school/ Education Inclusion Partnership Team (EIPT).
- Creating an ethos of mutual respect between young people and staff
- Provide a safe and inclusive learning environment
- Enable the young person to achieve at the appropriate level to their ability
- Support the young person to develop emotionally and socially, building their self-esteem and confidence
- Strategic approaches addressing the mental health needs of our young people
- Encourage the young person to identify their own skills and qualities, enabling them to flourish
- Allowing the young person opportunities for personal growth through accredited and non-accredited learning
What we believe:
- Everyone deserves to be given a chance
- Everyone has something positive to give
- Everyone can find the motivation to succeed
- Everyone can become responsible for their own actions
- Everyone is the sum to total of the past experiences good and bad